Kwazulu Natal Student Branch
About Kwazulu Natal Student Branch
Please follow this link https://iaiasakznstudentbranch.webs.com to the student website for more information
The Student Branch was founder with the aim of bridging the gap between students and professionals. By fostering strong relationships between students and IAIAsa KZN (Provincial Branch) members, it allows for a greater transfer of benefits and resources between both sectors. These links give students the opportunity to network and gain a greater understanding of what the working world has to offer. The key objectives of the Branch are:
- Providing students with the opportunity to enhance their job prospects by becoming more marketable in the job market and increasing the chances of students finding work once qualified
- Allowing students to garner a better understanding of the different fields within environmental management
- Allowing students to get a firm grip on the structure of environmental management in South Africa and to familiarise them with processes and terminology used within the field.
- To increase student’s networking potential and ability to make contacts within the Environmental management field.
- Provide a platform for which internships can be offered to students from environmental companies and organisations.
- Provide an avenue for consultants and practitioners to conduct activities to attain CPD points.
KwaZulu-Natal Student Branch Chair: Alaika Seepye
KwaZulu-Natal Student Branch Vice Chair:
KwaZulu-Natal Student Branch Secretary:
KwaZulu-Natal Student Branch Treasurer:
KwaZulu-Natal Student Branch Marketing/ Media officer: Talia Enoch
Talia has obtained a BSc degree with majors in Biology and Environmental Science from the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN). She is currently studying a BSc Honours in Environmental Science at UKZN where she is researching sea-level change during the late Holocene. She works part-time as an intern at the university’s animal house.